4 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are seeking a motivated, organised assistant with an excellent eye for detail to support ConnectionHub's Founder and Executive Director in day-to-day operations and projects. The ideal candidate will be intuitive and considerate, anticipating needs with a flexible 'can do' attitude. A brilliant multi-tasker with great time-keeping skills, you will be providing administrative support while learning.
- Organising meetings, drafting agendas and taking minutes during meetings.
- Prepare or amend correspondence, agendas, papers and reports.
- Inbox and diary management.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required to volunteers, associates and external stakeholders.
- Planning travel trips (if required).
- Good standard of education - A-levels or above.
- Previous EA/PA/Admin experience desirable but not required.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Strong communication skills and writing ability.
- Keen eye for detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to think and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages) and design packages (desirable).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.