£14.50 - 14.50 per hour
about 3 years ago
An exciting role training current offenders in Diploma Level2 Dry Lining on behalf of an inspirational training charity and social enterprise group who have an enormous impact on the lives of current and ex- offenders across the City of London.
This role will be based within Brixton Prison Training Centre training residents to help them as part of their rehabilitation programme, as well as out in community based projects.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
1. Provide training in dry lining and associated skim plastering to our group of offender trainees
2. Ensuring and promoting a safe work environment
3. Guide trainees through nationally recognised qualifications such as the Diploma Level 2 in Dry Lining
4. Organise and prepare instructional material
5. Planning activities tailored to meet the needs of the individuals
6. Contribute at team meetings, providing updates on performance
7. To ensure all written records are completed and Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) are up-to-date
8. Make clear the expectations of the course to the trainees
9. Consulting with management to identify training and learner support needs
10. Responsible for lesson planning & schemes of work
11. Managing stock to ensure that the workshop is fully equipped and on target to meet deadlines
12. Supporting learners to build a portfolio to assess and evidence their knowledge and practical skills
13. Evaluating the success of the individual trainees and feeding back to management to ensure people are ready to be put into work when released
14. To ensure that assessments are carried out in a timely manner with support from management and Bounce Back?s Internal Verifier
15. To ensure all workbooks and ILPs are up-to-date
16. To liaise with Bounce Back?s resettlement team to maximize the opportunities for work experience and employment on release
17. Showing external visitors round the centre and engaging them in the process
To apply for this role candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate the appropriate practical skills to erect metal framed dry lining systems and if required be willing to work towards the necessary training qualifications.
- Applicants not currently holding the required training qualifications will be supported to achieve these whilst in the position. These could include PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) or Assessor Awards.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J52890KP