£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
5 months ago
TPP are recruiting for a foundation that speaks out and supports on behalf of blind and partially sighted people across London.
They are looking for a Director of Grants and Impact with the passion and experience to be part of a leadership team committed social change for people living with and facing sight loss in the capital.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive and other members of the Executive Team to oversee the delivery of the Foundation's grant-making operations. You will have lead responsibility the Foundation's grant programmes and wider impact activities, as well as seeking and developing new programmes with our donors and partners.
Strategy and delivery
- Oversee all of the Foundation's grant-making programmes, policies and processes, including the relationship with our member charities and our discretionary funds.
- Support the development of new grant-making programmes, in line with the Strategic Plan, and through the involvement of applicants, grantees, fellow funders, stakeholders, and colleagues
- convening, and a shared platform for the voices of our member charities, grantees and their beneficiaries.
- Continuously analyse risks, potential, changes in environment and voluntary sector politics; and use to inform plans.
- Work with the Director of Development to develop income generating products and propositions to take out to fundraising audiences.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Head of Communications to determine our advocacy priorities and, where appropriate, to commission research and campaigns.
- Ensure that our learnings through grants evaluation are captured, distilled, and shared to drive our own activities and promote best practice across the sector.
- Work closely with senior fundraising and communications leads to support activities in both these departments in service of growth and greater impact.
- Design, develop and deliver appropriate grants assessment processes and decision panels. Manage and service the panels and advisors as appropriate.
- Deepen and grow equal relationships of mutual support, respect and learning with all of our grantees.
- Create strong links and networks with other voluntary, community and public sector bodies.
- Develop strategic partnerships with fellow funders and influences, such that broader benefits are realised through collaboration.
- Represent the Foundation at external events and forums, building the Foundation's profile.
- Extensive experience of grant-making or a comparable analytical environment at a senior level, with a strong understanding of wider funding mechanisms in the charity sector
- Experience and understanding of London's voluntary and community sector, and of large and small organisations and community groups working for social change
- Experience of negotiating and securing funding towards major projects and/or contracts or funding agreements
- Ability to manage high volumes of varied work and operating to tight deadlines
- Experience of leadership within an organisation which is seeking to build transformational growth; including responsibilities as part of a Senior Leadership Team and reporting at Board level
- Experience of leading and line managing others to develop and grow, and building and maintaining a high performing team culture
- Experience of building relationships, and influence, with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV quoting the reference number in the subject line.
If you know someone who is interested in this role please ask them to contact me directly. Please make sure they mention your referral, as we reward recommendations with a £100 Amazon voucher if we find them a permanent job.