£60000 - £65000 per annum
4 months ago
A unique and dynamic membership organisation at the forefront of international development is seeking a qualified Finance & Resources Director to be based in their central London office. The role is highly strategic and will involve around 50% finance and 50 % resources (facilities, HR, IT & governance). Workload is hugely variable so it is essential that applicants must be enthusiastic and flexible.
The role will involve:
-Reporting to the Chief Executive, and managing a small in-house team, the role will involve leadership on all financial, information technology, human resources and other service orientated functions, ensuring full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and upholding best practice for a leading and trusted charity
- Provide strong leadership, individually and as a member of the Executive Team, in supporting the development of the DEC's overall strategy, its day-to-day management and monitoring of progress and performance towards agreed objectives.
- Monitor changes in external trends and environment in finance, risk and governance and bring thinking into DEC's strategy and work planning, while promoting the wider sharing of this knowledge across the DEC and its members
- Build and maintain effective relationships with team, colleagues, member agencies and external partners and supporters
- Deputise for CEO in their absence following agreed procedures of delegated authority.
- Develop and coordinate DEC's strategy and business planning in close liaison with CEO and Executive Team.
- Lead with forward financial planning, including reserves policy, and ensure strong and effective processes are in place for resource allocation and performance monitoring
- Oversee risk management, including maintaining effective risk registers; developing DEC's risk appetite approach to support decision-making; and ensuring effective risk management processes are operating in support of the Board, CEO and Executive Team.
- Lead and motivate a small team of staff to deliver high quality support services across finance, IT and office systems, HR, premises, internal audit, legal and contracts management.
- Support DEC's Treasurer, the Board and sub-committees, CEO and Executive team, and budget-holders with accurate, timely and useful financial management information
- Take a lead role in ensuring that the charity is fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified accountant
- Charity accounting essential, ideally within international development
- Strong technical accounting skills with ability to maintain robust financial controls
- Track record of successful strategy development, and of driving changes or improvements to business plans, policies and procedures.
- Strategic thinker with ability to innovate to secure better value for money.
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Office suite and at least one accounting package and one database package
- Ability to present information both written and orally to a range of senior industry stakeholders
- Significant experience in a senior financial position with experience of interacting at Board level.
- Demonstrable experience of improving finance systems and establishing new, effective systems
- Leading and supporting HR, IT and other service functions.
- Experience of company secretarial and/or charity governance an advantage
Deadline Friday 1st December - please send your CV for immediate consideration.