Brighton, East Sussex
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
3 months ago
I am working with a family orientated Education organisation looking to seek a predecessor for their current Director of Finance who is taking a step away from the Finance sector.
The Director of Finance will manage the finance team and all the finance functions, including preparation of annual accounts. They currently have one direct report which is a Finance Assistant but seeking to add another member. This role will play a key part of the Senior Management Team, contributing their specialist financial knowledge to the team and also play a supporting role in the oversight of all Union IT systems.
- Oversea the Finance team's day to day functions and be heavily involved with supporting where needed
- Produce operational and strategic financial plans as well as financial reports
- Liase and correspond with key stakeholders and senior management team
- Manage and oversea the financial year-end and audit
- Support with decision making over current payroll being outsourced or internal
- Responsible for the system implementation upgrading from Sage 50 to Sage 200
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and legislation.
- Produce the Annual Report and Accounts in line with SORP accounting.
- Manage the internal audit programme.
- Ensure the security and integrity of financial records.
- Look after the organisation's VAT and Corporation Tax position.
The Director of Finance will have a strong background within a charity or not for profit organisation and must be a fully qualified accountant (preferably CIMA or ACCA). The successful Director of Finance must be confident with producing budgets and forecasts as well as the ability to take a lead on the financial year end. It would be beneficial to have worked with an accounting system such as Sage Line 50 or 200 and worked on a system implementation previously. To be considered for the Director of Finance position you will need to have proven track record of working within a senior finance role.
This will be a 3 month fixed term contract with a view to go permanent with a start date in August. If you have the above background and skillset and keen to know more please apply to TPP Recruitment by sending your CV to email@example.com
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.