£24k - 28k per year
almost 3 years ago
This small but powerful campaigning organisation is looking for a Direct Marketing Executive to play a vital role in advancing an important but often overlooked issue. This is a unique opportunity to develop your direct marketing skills by working for a campaigning organisation and a charity simultaneously.
As Direct Marketing Executive you will use your initiative, creativity and strong organisational skills to play a crucial role in ensuring the charity’s message gets across to its members and supporters. You will report into and work closely with the Director of Fundraising and Marketing who has a keen interest in social media and how digital tools can help people and organisations drive social change.
You will be encouraged to use your experience of direct marketing campaign management but also to explore new ideas in a collaborative and informal working environment.
Key duties within this position will include:
- Direct marketing campaign management
- Project management of the creation of new publications across both organisations
- Campaign analysis and reporting
- Copywriting and editing of supporter materials
- Managing relationships with external agencies
- Collaborating with colleagues in the campaigns team to facilitate campaign actions using direct marketing techniques
- Working alongside the Digital Officer to create digital fundraising asks and to integrate fundraising campaigns across different channels
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a direct marketing environment with a good understanding of supporter development
- Proven experience of direct marketing campaign management, ideally managing and liaising with suppliers
- Good working knowledge of direct marketing fundraising techniques
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and activities to tight deadlines
- Ability to write compelling and successful marketing and fundraising copy
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- A professional telephone manner including the ability to emphasise with people who may be distressed and in difficult circumstances
- Able to work well under pressure and be resilient
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number in the subject line before the deadline of Wednesday 3rd August. For an informal chat about the role please call Lorraine on 0207 198 6040.