7 months ago
Could you help lead a prominent, dynamic local mental health charity as it embarks on a new digital enhancement programme? Are you committed to help those in need access our services? Do you have excellent IT skills?
Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling (CCC) is a mental health charity providing affordable counselling and related services to organisations and to those in the local community who either can't afford to pay market rates or wait for a GP appointment, ensuring a lack of funds is no barrier to getting help. CCC is launching an exciting new digital enhancement programme, implementing a counselling administration system, upgrading its website, looking at all data policies & procedures and how we use digital within our counselling services and much more.
We are looking for an additional trustee to join our board to work with the other trustees and the Director in ensuring the governance of the programme is in line with our strategy and best practice.
CCC Trustees meet 4 times a year, plus the AGM. As with most organisations, the board currently meets online but we hope to return to face to face soon. Meetings are held within our area of operation - Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Huntingdonshire, and the surrounding counties. Between meetings the Trustees provide guidance and support to the Director and her small team. If a trustee can assist further with a particular project, they do so in a separate volunteer capacity. This of course is welcomed, but not expected.
It is widely acknowledged that Coronavirus and the effects of the lockdown/restrictions are having a negative impact on the mental health and well-being of many people. It is likely to be people from deprived areas who face the biggest economic impacts (e.g. reduced working hours, redundancy, closure of local charities that provided support), and unemployment and poverty are significant risk factors to a person becoming mentally unwell. Following the peak of the Coronavirus pandemic we have seen a 57% increase in self or other agency referrals for affordable counselling. However, the income we receive from providing staff counselling has decreased significantly during lockdown.
It is of vital importance that we can support an increased number of vulnerable people in the months and years to come. The Trustee board are working to ensure that CCC is in the best possible position to reach those who need us and to be efficient in all we do, hence the need for digital improvement. You will make a real difference to the charity and in turn to many people who need our support now and in the future.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, the Digital specialist has the following additional responsibilities:
- Leading discussions on CCC's Digital strategy
- Supporting the Director with Digital matters including Data Protection policies and procedures, IT infrastructure, systems and software requirements.
- Collaborating with the Director and Clinical Services Manager on the digital aspects of delivery of CCC's services.
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, the Digital specialist should have the following qualifications and qualities:
- Experience in a senior digital role
- Experience of data protection legal requirements and practical implications
- Ability to explain digital matters to a wide-ranging audience.
The general duties of a trustee are as follows
- Ensuring that CCC pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that CCC complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring that CCC applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects for the benefit of the public
- Ensuring that CCC defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the good name and values of CCC
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of CCC, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Ensuring the financial stability of CCC
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity's funds
- Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the director
The general person specification of a trustee is follows
- A commitment to CCC
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to Nolan's seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is 9th October 2020.