over 1 year ago
Context and purpose
Carers Trust Thames is a Network Partner of Carers Trust and our mission is to ensure that information, advice and practical support are available to unpaid carers in the Buckinghamshire and West London area.
We are seeking someone to become a Trustee (Director) of our social care charity with a focus on digital. Trustees are responsible for the governance of the charity, and overseeing the work of the paid staff team to make sure the charity is supporting carers and the people they care for well.
You can find out more here: www.carerstrustthames.co.uk/support-us/become-a-trustee/
With advancements in technology the role that digital plays are increasingly relevant in how we will meet the needs of our customers in the future, to provide more care to more clients in a more efficient way.
Role Overview of Digital Trustee
- Provide thought leadership on the role of digital in Carers Trust Thames' service delivery / fundraising / marketing / communications / and help build and implement this vision.
- Highlight how digital fits into our organisational strategy including the opportunities and risks, in particular regarding service delivery
- Translate the risks and opportunities of digital to enable the Board to engage in an informed way for example compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Take the lead in evaluating proposals for the Board and providing strategic oversight of implementation
- Champion the use of data in board discussions, and in driving the delivery and improvement of fundraising / marketing / communications / service delivery / operations.
- Contribute to the work of a digital subcommittee.
- Draw on your networks and external best practice to support our work.
- Help ensure that the executive and operations teams have the digital capabilities that they need to implement the strategy.
- A strong communicator with proven ability to operate at a strategic level, understand complex issues and ask the right questions.
- Successful track record in systems operations, client data interface, digital marketing, product development, ecommerce etc as a product manager / CTO / developer etc.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, cloud platforms and digital services.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Extensive networks, and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
- Experience of caring for someone, or receiving health or social care services yourself would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Long term commitment to Carers Trust Thames.
Time Commitment and Practical Considerations
The time commitment is around one day a month on average (6 board meetings p.a., plus 6 subcommittees and preparation time), but you can get more involved if you wish!
Trustees must be willing to travel to our offices in Wicken (MK19 6DG), Saunderton (HP14 4BF) and Hillingdon (UB7 7BQ) for meetings every couple of months.
Evaluation - Self and by the Board, annually.
If you are interested in an informal discussion on the role, please contact the Chair of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the link above.