6 months ago
Digital Marketing/Communications Volunteer
With over 25 years' experience, Theodora Children's Charity successfully works to improve the hospital experience for children and their families through our specially trained performers called Giggle Doctors. Our team of Giggle Doctors visit children aged 0-18 in 21 hospitals, 3 hospices and 2 specialist care centres throughout England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to support our small fundraising team with social media/design work once per week.
Working closely with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Officer to build our current social media platforms and to design promotional collateral by carrying out the following activities:
- Working with the Fundraising Officer and the Charity's outsourced PR company to create a calendar of social media posts for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Liaising with the Giggle Doctors in order to get content for social media e.g. selfies, video clips etc.
- Assisting with collecting and writing content for our quarterly newsletter
- Thinking of creative ideas to increase our social media presence
- Writing up case studies from the children/families we visit
- Designing hospital information boards (posters, flyers etc.)
- Putting together graphics to demonstrate our impact.
Area: Angel, London
Time commitment: one full day per week (if possible). Our office hours are 9:00-17:30. We have an available desk between Wednesday-Friday. Hours/days are flexible.
Volunteer expenses: can be offered as per expenses policy.
- Can confidently use programmes such as Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using social media platforms to help maximise our reach
- Experience of creative/content writing.
- Experience of using InDesign and other creative programmes.
What we can offer:
- Experience working in the charity sector, with support and supervision from our fundraising team
- The opportunity to learn new IT and communication skills, including the use of the charity's InDesign programme
- Advice on careers in the charity sector and a reference
- Reasonable travel expenses covered.
Please email your CV to email@example.com