11 months ago
Digital Events Office Volunteer
Alzheimer's Research UK (ARUK) are due to launch the third year of Running Down Dementia; an exciting fundraising campaign with the parkrun community. This role is key in enabling us to stay connected with our runners and support them in achieving their running targets and fundraising goals.
What will a Digital Event Office Volunteer do?
This volunteer role will give those taking part the best experience possible. Using tools provided by the technology platform you will help motivate and recognise participants by improving their experience through personalised messages and rewarding those taking part.
- Review the fundraising performance of runners through the digital platform.
- Contact and provide encouragement to runners who have completed specific milestones in the challenge.
- Identify case studies of runners and flag them up to the sporting events team.
- Use the technical system to send pre-agreed messages of support to runners.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing fundraising supporters (including maintaining a polite, enthusiastic manner with prompt responses to enquiries), to acknowledge support and increase long-term loyalty.
- Manage relevant information on the charity's database, keeping detailed, up-to-date records of activity and income.
- Work in collaboration with the Sporting Events Team to ensure that communication promotes and supports the campaigns objectives.
How much time will I have to commit?
The successful applicant will start as soon as possible in April 2018 and will volunteer up to eight hours a week between the hours of 10.00am-16.00pm Monday to Friday. Actual times and dates will be flexible to suit the successful candidate.
What are we looking for?
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Excellent digital knowledge and skills, preferably with, or working towards a degree in digital media/marketing or an associated qualification.
- Experience of using social media and web technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Confident polite telephone manner.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to represent the charity in a confident way.
What are the personal benefits?
In return, as one of ARUK's fantastic volunteers you'll benefit from:
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and professional team.
- You will develop event and digital marketing skills to add to your CV.
- Part of a worldwide movement to defeat dementia.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
What support will I receive?
As part of your commitment to volunteering with Alzheimer's Research UK, you will go through our induction process and undertake essential training relevant to the role.
What's the next step?
Please send a letter of application as well as your CV to email@example.com to be considered. If your application is taken through to the next stage, we will invite you to attend an informal interview with the team.
Thank you again for your interest in becoming an office volunteer. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling the Sporting Events team on 0300 111 5 333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org