East London, London
£39040.00 - £39041.00 per annum
8 months ago
TPP is currently representing a professional membership organisation who provide valuable support services to medical professionals in the UK.
They are seeking to hire a Digital Editor who would join a team of digital professionals and would report into the Digital Manager.
You will be responsible for commissioning, writing and editing engaging content for all digital channels, including their website, digital publications, social media platforms, e-mail, apps e-learning tools and e-mail communications.
You will be responsible for editing, adding and removing content, using our client's CMS or other platforms.
Your duties and responsibilities will include
- Produce, commission and edit digital content such as pages, guides, podcasts, e-learning, videos, features and journal articles for the website, social media platforms, emails and apps that is engaging, relevant, useful and drives traffic.
- Manage the editorial and production process of the digital journals.
- Ensure all content complies with our client's editorial guidelines, policy and plain English standards.
- Use analytics to measure the effectiveness of content and identify areas of improvement or new or redundant content.
- Work with the digital team to develop and manage our client's content strategy, ensuring that our content drives traffic and is shared and distributed as widely as possible.
- Monitor and engage with our client's social communities where required.
- Make sure content is effectively organised within the website.
- Identify and prepare images and other multimedia content for use online.
- Regularly review online content to make sure it is relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all content is optimised for search engines and online use.
Your experience will include
- Previous experience as an editor with at least 2 of those in the digital arena
- Ability to prepare high quality written material, consistent in style and in line with our client's policy and tone
- Ability to take complex information and distil it into concise, readable and easily understandable web-ready copy
- Ability to edit pre-prepared articles in order to make these read more easily both online and offline
- Ability to research ideas using a range of techniques in order to produce articles
- Proven experience of taking a publication from concept to publishing including management of the interim steps
- While not essential, an understanding or experience of writing about medical or health issues is desirable
- Ability to define, implement and execute an effective content strategy for the organisation