£39040.00 - £39500.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
TPP is currently representing a professional membership body who provide valuable support services to individuals working within the healthcare and medical professions.
They are seeking to hire a Digital Editor who would work within a digital team of 6 individuals, reporting into the Digital Manager.
You will be responsible for commissioning, writing and editing engaging content for all digital channels, including their website, digital publications, social media platforms, e-mail, apps e-learning tools and e-mail communications.
You will be responsible for editing, adding and removing content, using our client's CMS or other platforms.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Produce, commission and edit digital content such as pages, guides, podcasts, e-learning, videos, features and journal articles for the website, social media platforms, emails and apps that is engaging, relevant, useful and drives traffic.
- Manage the editorial and production process of the digital journals.
- Ensure all content complies with our client's editorial guidelines, policy and plain English standards.
- Use analytics to measure the effectiveness of content and identify areas of improvement or new or redundant content.
- Work with the digital team to develop and manage our client's content strategy, ensuring that our content drives traffic and is shared and distributed as widely as possible.
- Monitor and engage with our client's social communities where required.
- Make sure content is effectively organised within the website.
- Identify and prepare images and other multimedia content for use online.
- Regularly review online content to make sure it is relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all content is optimised for search engines and online use.
Your experience will include :
- Previous experience as an editor with at least 2 of those in the digital arena
- Ability to prepare high quality written material, consistent in style and in line with our client's policy and tone.
- Ability to take complex information and distill it into concise, readable and easily understandable web-ready copy
- Ability to edit pre-prepared articles in order to make these read more easily both online and offline
- Ability to research ideas using a range of techniques in order to produce articles
- Proven experience of taking a publication from concept to publishing including management of the interim steps
- While not essential, an understanding or experience of writing about medical or health issues is desirable
- Ability to define, implement and execute an effective content strategy for the organisation