5 months ago
NAZ is the sexual health charity dedicated to people experiencing better sexual health. We do this because there's a big gap in the sexual health outcomes of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities compared to the general population. Everything we do works to reverse this trend.
Our evidence-based interventions are designed to enable those with the greatest risk of poor sexual health outcomes to have fulfilling sexual lives, understand how to access the right local service and ultimately to support better physical, mental and sexual health outcomes.
NAZ is looking to recruit a keen digital whizz who can create and edit impactful visual content to consistently articulate NAZ's message, services, events and campaigns. Your day-to day tasks will vary and are likely to include designing and writing copy for small media, shareable memes/graphics, videos, and flyers. You will also be creating content for awareness days, national campaigns plus keeping abreast of topical news related to sexual health (STIs/HIV), Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and BAME issues.
Our timings are flexible, we would like you to be free for 1-2 days a week, Monday - Friday. This may be split into half days if you wish.
One of your half or full days must be a Friday, when the Communications & Digital Engagement Manager is not in the office.
For you to gain significant experience and learning, and for NAZ to gain the most from your contribution, we ask that you intend to remain in the role for at least two months.
Your role will include:
- Creating and posting shareable digital content (graphics, memes, videos, Instagram stories/reels) to promote NAZ's services
- Contributing or coordinating our social media presence; Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Designing and writing copy for flyers, posters, small media and videos
- Supporting the Communications & Digital Engagement Manager to plan/develop and implement campaigns
The role is based at 30 Blacks Road, W6 9DT, though also includes working from home at present due to Covid-19.
Due to our delivery of sexual health services to predominantly BAME service users, this role is only open to people who are BAME (or multiple heritage including this).
Applicants must have:
- Enthusiasm for NAZ's work with BAME communities
- Experience of using Canva multimedia editing platform (video, graphic design and photo)
- Experience of using social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer)
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
- Ability to multitask and monitor multiple social media platforms on a daily basis (only on the days you're volunteering)
- Ability to take initiative and develop outside-the-box ideas for social media
- Must have access to internet and online video communications (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Sexual health knowledge desirable but not essential
What we offer:
- The opportunity to train, gain and develop digital communications skills
- Friendly and welcoming office environment
- References are provided for our volunteers
- We will reimburse travel within London and lunch costs
Please send your CV and covering letter to Kim Hawkins via email: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 28th October 2021