South London, London
7 months ago
Length of contract: 3-6 months (to start as soon as possible)
Location: The Foundry, 17-19 Oval Way, London SE11 5RR
Remuneration: Limited travel expenses and lunch allowance paid
Application process: CV and covering letter. In your covering letter, please illustrate how you meet the person specification for this role, including your motivation for applying. Please email these documents to Nimtaz-Tanya Noordin at NNoordin@righttoplay.org.uk
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as and when they are received. Candidates for interview will be contacted to arrange a date for the interview. A written test will be included in the interview process.
Right To Play is a global organisation that uses the power of sport and play to educate and empower children in some of the world's poorest communities.
Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps one million children weekly in 16 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and North America, to build essential life skills and better futures, while driving lasting social change. We train thousands of local community leaders and teachers to become volunteer coaches. They coach children in specially designed games to equip them with learning, health and social skills to help overcome the effects of poverty, disease and war.
Right To Play UK was established in 2006. For more information, please refer to our website:www.righttoplay.org.uk
This internship position will provide an invaluable opportunity to gain essential skills and experience in the key aspects of digital communications - social media, email marketing and website content strategy - for a leading international play-based charity. Professional references will be offered at the end of the placement.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Intern will be working to support Right To Play UK's communications work across our portfolio of campaigns, events and supporter engagement initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- To work with the Communications Manager to develop RTP UK's social media presence, including growing
- followings by planning and executing targeted editorial content, campaigns and exploring new platforms
- To produce content for the Right To Play website, including re-writing and enhancing existing content, and producing original pieces as required. For example, growing our fundraising content.
- To produce beautiful and engaging emails for our supporters, including our regular newsletter and pre and post event communications.
- Other projects and activities as requested by the Communications Manager
E Essential (must have)
D Desirable (asset)
Experience and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills E
- Knowledge of producing digital content, including for website, email and social media E
- Knowledge and experience of major social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and
- Instagram) E
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (or other image editing software) D
- Graphic design skills and the ability to produce strong assets to use on social media D
- Experience of analysing and using data to inform strategy and decision-making D
- Knowledge of MailChimp (or other email marketing service provider) D
- Knowledge of HTML D
- Experience in fundraising and/or the charity sector D
- Proven track record of being able to conduct thorough research D
- Knowledge and understanding of International Development D
- Knowledge of and passion for communications and all things 'digital' E
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience of working with members of the public, consumers,
- customers or donors E
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a varied workload E
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team with enthusiasm and commitment E
- Excellent attention to detail E
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines E
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Working hours: 9AM - 5PM, five days per week (negotiable if part-time paid work is required to supplement the internship). This internship may require occasional evening work (to attend events), for which time off in lieu may be taken.
Holidays: Unpaid; time off to be agreed with line manager
Equal Opportunities: Right To Play is committed to promoting equal opportunities in all aspects of our business, and maximising the potential of all employees and associates through fair and equal treatment. We strive to ensure that all of our policies and practices support these aims and principles and works towards an environment where all employees and associates can develop their potential regardless of disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or family status, trans-gender status, belief or political opinion