£0.00 - £15.18 per hour
about 1 year ago
Role: Development Officer
Location: Leicester Square
Employment Type: Temporary- Ongoing
Salary/rate: £15.18 per hour
Working hours: Mon-Fri
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 12th June
Approximately 3 month temp contract
Role summary and key responsibilities
- Provide support to the 4 Development Managers and the Head of Trusts and Individual Giving with their work to raise significant funds for the Gallery.
- Key member of the Trusts and Individual Giving team within the Development Department of the Gallery.
- Report directly to one Development Manager.
Main tasks and activities
- Provide day to day support for the 4 Development Managers and the Head of Trusts and Individual Giving across their whole portfolio of tasks and activities relating to Trust fundraising and work with individual major donors.
- Source information (including budgets) and assist in drafting, formatting and designing reports and proposals for Trusts and individual supporters and prospects.
- Assist with the organisation of cultivation and stewardship events, liaising with the Events team, managing guest lists and mailings, following up on correspondence and recording all actions on the Raiser's Edge.
- Assist at team events.
- Draft briefing notes for events and donor meetings with senior Gallery staff.
- Assist with general mailings including those managed by the Legacy and Stewardship Manager.
- Take minutes of meetings as required.
- Maintain and effective filing and retrieval system both electronically and in hard copy where appropriate. Record and update information on Raiser's Edge, in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and ensure that all data relating to donors and prospects is accurate and up to date.
- Undertake other administrative tasks as requested, to assist in meeting the objectives of the Development Managers and Head of Trusts and Individual Giving.
- Proficient at using complex relationship databases.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Professional telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and solve problems autonomously.
- General administrative and IT skills including mail merge, and excel.