£13 - £15 per hour
2 months ago
My Client a national charity with over 35 years' experience providing face to face advice, and an established record of changing government policy are seeking Database Officers with Raisers Edge knowledge to join on a 3 Month Contract.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that all supporter data is held and processed in accordance with agreed protocols and the General Data Protection Regulation. Keep abreast of relevant technological and regulatory changes.
- Manage the data flow between Engaging Networks and Raisers Edge to ensure both platforms accurately reflect current, recent and historical activity and outcomes.
- Using manual and automatic processes, take responsibility for ensuring that Raisers Edge is an accurate and effective record and resource of fundraising information. Recommend new ways to process data and capture information to increase our knowledge of and ability to communicate with supporters and help develop the effectiveness and capabilities of the database.
- Oversee and complete all income processing tasks, supervising other team members and temp support as required, ensuring donations are processed in a timely fashion.
- Import and export data to and from the database in accordance with agreed protocols and security procedures, checking regularly for any issues or problems with their accuracy and efficiency.
- Apply data cleansing and enhancement lists to supporter data in order to aid selection and segmentation for campaigns.
- Design and prepare selections and reports for management/ fundraising insights in accordance with agreed protocols and within agreed security procedures.
- Be the main point of contact for database, reporting and analysis queries internally. Produce selections in accordance with internal and external briefs as required, liaising closely with the Individual Giving Manager to coordinate workload and agree scheduling.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Assistant to deliver an excellent supporter experience by responding to incoming enquiries from supporters and prospective supporters (phone, mail, and internet) in a timely and effective way.
- Provide exemplary supporter care by resolving any data or contact information queries and dealing with any complaints, ensuring they are escalated where necessary.
- Manage relationships with donation processing suppliers and other external providers.
- Monitor regular giving and liaise with current or lapsed donors as needed.
- Liaise with members of the Finance team over coding donations appropriately and in accordance with agreed systems, completing the monthly reconciliation and investigating any discrepancies as required.
- Provide general administrative support to the Fundraising and Brand team as required.
Experience may be paid or voluntary, full or part-time, in the UK or overseas. Candidates will be shortlisted on the following specifications:
- Knowledge of confidentiality and data protection, including the General Data Protection Regulation and relevant income processing regulations
- Ability to record and interpret information accurately, with very good attention to detail
- Experience of using fundraising databases, with the ability to complete a range of tasks with accuracy and speed
- Excellent data processing skills
- At least one years' experience of working in an office environment and examples of setting up and maintaining effective computerised systems, and managing and prioritising your workload
- Experience of providing supporter care to maintain relationships with donors
- Understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures
- An ability to analyse and manipulate data
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to use window-based software packages for word processing and data compilation (Microsoft Office) and the ability to produce information materials.
- Good spoken and written English and communication skills
- Ability to work constructively and sensitively with a wide range of colleagues and counterparts
Cause: International Charity
Role: Database Officer
Employment Type: 3 months (possible temp to perm)
Salary/rate: £28,000 - £32,000 (Pro rata
Working hours: 35 PW