£13.19 - 13.19 per hour
OS Temp Team
over 3 years ago
Database Support Assistant - Temporary
Our client a large national children's charity are seeking an experienced database assistant to support at a busy time, you must have previous exposure in the charity sector within the database/fundrasing team, with exposure with Raiser's Edge due to this being a temporary role they do not have the capacity to train.
Maintain the fundraising database and provide high quality data selections, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that all data is gathered and recorded in accordance with Action for Children policies governing data integrity and the Data Protection Act.
- Maintain the Raiser's Edge fundraising database through the import of information from various event registrations and donations.
- Investigate any queries relating to the import of changes and responding to queries.
- Providing and develop as necessary reports and mailing lists relating to marketing campaigns using Raiser's Edge Query and a Blackboard Direct Marketing software.
- Contribute to or develop, as necessary user guides, processes and policies for all levels of database use and provide support to end users on standard database functions, including resolving technical issues arising from the day to day running of the database.
- Ensure application of database security is consistent with Action for Children?s standards and policies, in particular to ensure confidentiality of data consistent with data privacy policies and in compliance with all relevant law and the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Participate in the Raiser's Edge training of all new staff within the department and provide support to colleagues in the team and back-fill their duties when necessary.
- Promote and champion the benefits of the database across the Charity, where necessary to encourage wider and more effective use.
1. Communicate effectively (both orally and written) to a variety of audiences and demonstrating effective interpersonal skills.
2. Effective time management and prioritising skills and ability to work as member of a small team and on own initiative.
3. A high level of IT competence, particularly in MS Excel, in using spreadsheets including updating existing sheets and setting up new ones.
4. Knowledge of data protection and confidentiality (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
5. Strong knowledge of Raiser's Edge
6. Experience importing and exporting data in a CRM
Database Support Assistant
Temporary 2 months +
£13.19ph + holiday pay
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.