£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
About the role
An international flagship school providing world-class education to pupils aged 11 to 18 is hiring for a Data Protection and Compliance Project Manager for both the school and the school's Foundation charity which provides facilities for the education of children as well as programmes to further develop the school. This is a brand new as a fixed term 1-year contract focussing on the completion of outstanding projects, flexible hybrid working options are available.
As the Data Protection and Compliance Project Manager, you will fulfil the designated role as the Data Protection Officer defined by Article 39 of GDPR, and will operationalise compliance and data protection responsibilities through best practice and using a risk-based approach for both the School and the Foundation. You will assist with the delivery of data protection and compliance by implementing tried and tested controls and measures to ensure both charities are continuing to meet statutory obligations. You will also work closely with colleagues in both the School and the Foundation to ensure that personal data is processed within the guidelines outlined by the Information Commissioner's Office.
Your duties will include management of Data Protection Impact Assessments, drafting and reviewing privacy notices, reviewing data sharing agreements, undertaking departmental audits, and providing expert advice to colleagues in both the School and the Foundation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Data Protection Officer (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate experience of undertaking data protection or other information compliance work.
- Experience of completing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Experience of reviewing and advising on data sharing arrangements.
- Good knowledge of UK data protection legislation.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, trust, and be able to handle sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, used to dealing with a variety of individuals, and a very strong communicator, in writing, by phone and in person.
- Ability to propose and deliver workable solutions and to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a timely and cost-effective manner.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would love to hear from you. We are reviewing CVs as and when we are receiving them so if you are keen to apply, then please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.