£12.64 - £14.29 per hour + HOLIDAY PAY
11 months ago
This is a great opportunity for a well organised, motivated individual to join the small, dynamic charity. Your main focus will be data input and administration, with the post holder providing day to day assistance to the Office Manager and administrative support to the wider UK team. You will act as a first point of contact for general enquiries and as part of the Business Support team, will help to contribute to the charity's work.
FINANCIAL & DATA ADMINISTRATION
- Record and code all gift and donor details promptly and accurately on the Raiser's Edge database,
- Process all types of income including credit card donations, cheques, charity cheques (e.g. CAF) and downloading gift and donor reports from external websites (eg Justgiving, PayPal etc) and regularly transferring funds.
- Support the team to ensure that opportunities to claim gift aid are maximised; maintain accurate gift aid records and work with the external accountant to undertake gift aid claims.
- Work with colleagues to create new procedures for entering data into Raiser's Edge where needed and ensure that the Raiser's Edge process guide is kept up to date. Undertake regular cleaning of the database.
- File all electronic and hard copy information relating to donors and donations, implementing new filing systems as needed.
- Record all purchase invoices and expense claims to our online finance system Xero, ensuring all coding is accurate and tallied.
- Scan/upload all finance paperwork to the Xero system.
- Respond to or pass on to the appropriate colleague all in-bound telephone, email or written enquiries to the charity and work with the Office Manager to ensure the efficiency of these processes.
- Work with the Office Manager and Business Support team to contribute to an efficient, pleasant and effective day to day office environment.
- Be responsible for collecting and distributing the post as well as outgoing mail.
- Work with colleagues in the fundraising team to ensure that donors are thanked promptly and appropriately.
- Assist the Office Manager and other colleagues as required with supplies, stationery, printing and general support administrative tasks.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required by the Office Manager and team.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience working in a support role in a busy office or team.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office packages, experience manipulating data using Excel and confidence using web based reporting tools.
- Experience using Raiser's Edge to enter gifts and supporter details. You will be able to demonstrate fast, accurate data entry skills, experience importing data, and running queries/reports.
- Confident and effective communicator - verbally and in writing.
- Extremely well organised and able to manage own workload.
- Committed to delivering accurate work to agreed deadlines.
Multi-skilled, you will already have experience working in a data entry admin role, ideally in a charity. You will be extremely well organised with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, especially where data is concerned. You will find satisfaction in providing the information that your colleagues need to ensure that the best possible standards of donor care are achieved at all times. As part of a small team working in a fast paced environment, you will be able to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst at the same time responding efficiently to the needs of others. You will be happy implementing systems and procedures that are already in place and you will have the aptitude to suggest improvements that maximise team efficiency
Please apply today!