£30000 - £340000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A prominent educational charity that prides itself on providing a secure and welcoming environment for talented postgraduates from over 80 different countries is looking to hire a data and insight manager on a nine-month fixed term contract. The role is based in central London and pays between £30,000-£34,000 per annum. You will be responsible for the data on over 16,000 Alumni and others, and to provide research, analysis and insight on this information.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and maintaining all policies and procedures in relation to the use of Raisers Edge and ensuring all data is compliant with GDPR and PECR.
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely data capture of all donations and gift aid received and maintain gift management and reconciliation processes in collaboration with the finance department.
- Produce quarterly Gift Aid report and keep abreast with all legalities around Gift Aid claims.
- Preparing and running appropriate data checks on a regular basis and implement Key Performance Indicators to monitor data quality.
- Responsibility for data selections and segmentation for fundraising and marketing campaigns and then analysing the results to work with colleagues on improving the performance of future campaigns.
- Delivering accurate and timely data projects with internal departments or third-party agencies and standard or ad-hoc reports for the department and committees.
- Managing the relationship between the online portal and Raisers Edge and working with relevant colleagues to develop, implement and monitor systems for efficient and consistent data capture and transfer between departments and databases.
- Acting as the Raisers Edge expert and training all new staff and ensuring the database continues to operate effectively.
- Providing financial and statistical reports as required for departmental or management meetings.
- Identify and research new fundraising prospects using all available sources of information ensuring that all information on these prospects is shared with the team and captured on Raiser's Edge.
- Analysing and interpreting information to produce comprehensive profiles and reports for use by staff, colleagues and volunteers.
- Attending events to support fundraising and Alumni as and when required, as well as undertaking other reasonable duties as required.
- Keeping up to date with the best practice in fundraising and relevant legislation that affects fundraising activity.
The successful candidate will have:
- Operational experience of using Raiser's Edge or a similar database to carry out data entry and generate reports.
- Previous experience of 'back-end' systems management of a complex relational database and/or an expert user, ideally gained in a fundraising, sales, or marketing environment.
- Undertaken prospect research on individuals, institutions, companies and sector trends.
- Excellent computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work accurately with numbers and data.
- The ability to organise and prioritise workloads and good problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of GDPR and PECR.
- A willingness to be flexible and support colleagues in a busy environment and be able to develop productive working relationships.