City of London, London
£50000 - £53832 per annum
6 months ago
Are you a GDPR and Data Protection Specialist? Are you looking to join an organisation who values diversity and inclusion and can offer a flexibility and agile working?
We are currently working with a professional body and learned society who are leaders in the scientific field they operate in. They are looking for their next Compliance and Data Protection Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Governance and Compliance, who directly reports into the Chief Executive, you will take the lead on their compliance programme including all charity law compliance, anti-bribery and corruption and modern slavery compliance. You will also be the primary contact and lead expert for all data protection and compliance matters, managing the data protection programme through robust processes, policies, procedures and training and be the appointed Data Protection Officer for the body.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team as the key Data Protection Specialist. You will also be developing, leading and managing a team of Data Champions from across the business.
- Scope, lead and deliver robust compliance and data protection programmes. This will include ensuring that all programmes are legally compliant and reflect best practice and will include reviewing and updating as appropriate all relevant data protection and compliance related policies, procedures and guidance notes.
- Manage the data protection programme, including acting as the appointed Data Protection Officer for the IOP; developing and managing a team of data champions across the business; reviewing and developing robust data protection policies and procedures for all staff; providing training (including on induction) to ensure that all staff are aware of their obligations.
- Acting as a first point of contact for any internal data protection queries
- Providing expert advice and oversight of any data sharing or data transfer agreements
- Managing all Data Subject Access Requests and Data Erasure Requests and ensuring that at all times robust procedures are followed and records kept.
- Reviewing and supporting the organisation on Data Protection Impact Assessments; and provide advice on key charity law compliance requirements, preparation and submission of Annual Returns and be a core participant in the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Review, develop and advise on policies and procedures and provide training on other compliance matters, including modern slavery, anti-bribery and corruption and sanctions compliance.
- Report to the Executive, the Audit & Risk Committee, the Board of Trustees on all relevant compliance and data protection matters.
- Co-ordinate the bodies policies generally, including co-ordinating the provision of training on policies where appropriate.
- Monitor and provide advice on changes in legislation and regulatory requirements. This will include horizon scanning for emerging developments in regulation, legislation and best practice.
What are they looking for?
- You will have expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular GDPR, and demonstrable experience of undertaking a similar role in another organisation.
- Experience in developing and leading compliance training.
- Experience in managing compliance programmes generally, ideally in a charity or not for profit organisation.
- Influencing skills - the ability to bring others to your way of thinking utilising expert knowledge, contextual awareness, persuasion, evidence and diplomacy.
Their head office is based in an ideal location in Central London and hybrid/agile working is on offer here. Although they operate in core hours between 9am and 5pm, they value flexibility and are open to a more flexible working pattern if required. Please apply today!