City of London
Up to £32000 per annum
2 months ago
A national charity supporting homeless young people across the UK is looking for a Data Analyst (fundraising insights) on a 6-month contract basis to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of extension for an additional 2 months.
A flexible, hybrid working pattern is on offer here with 1-2 days per week in office although candidates requiring fully remote work options should also apply.
The charity is in the process of streamlining and improving their supporter journey experience and this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join this forward-thinking team to create impact and support the success of their growing Fundraising Team.
With a strong understanding and knowledge of charity fundraising operations with expertise with FastStats or Power BI, you will be partnering with the fundraising team to improve the reach of marketing campaigns, especially in preparation for crucial events in the run up to Christmas.
You may have expertise with FastStats for data selections and looking for a role where you can develop your knowledge with PowerBI or visa versa and so this is an excellent opportunity to take on a challenge in a supportive team who will give you the tools to grow your expertise in either of these areas.
Reporting to the Analysis and Insight Manager and working within the charities data team, you will be involved in the following key responsibilities:
- Using Power BI to create and maintain a suite of fundraising reports/dashboards, to communicate meaningful insights through visualisation. Enabling better decision making by presenting fundraisers and management with clear analysis and interactive performance dashboards.
- Supporting the Analysis Manager with several well-structured Data Analysis Projects including interpreting briefs, scoping projects, carrying out data collection, cleaning and categorising data, analysing data and generating insights, and visualising and presenting results and making recommendations.
- Working with the Analysis & Insight Manager to regularly produce marketing selections e.g. for Email, Mail, Telephone and other channels using SQL.
- Working on a project to implement FastStats in the organisation, developing processes for producing marketing selections, and supporting on the creation and maintenance of automated supporter journeys.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular to include use of Excel, and a visualisation tool such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Understanding of the principles of Direct Marketing and how these apply to a charity Fundraising environment.
- Knowledge of the data protection act 1998 and GDPR.
- Ability to write code in either SQL or VBA, or similar language.
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to understand, use and manipulate financial information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so please do not hesitate to apply immediately by sending your CV if this is of interest to you. I look forward to hearing from you.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.