3 months ago
Position Title: Volunteer Curriculum Developer & Course Accreditation Specialist
Length of Term: 12 Months (option for renewal)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Duty Station: London currently remote
Deadline: 15th February 2021 (Applications considered on submission)
WYKEI is a new UK based Not-for-Profit aiming to empower Women, Youth & Kids (WYKs) through human rights, gender equality & conflict transformation education, research & entrepreneurship in the UK & Jerusalem. We aim to work with all WYKs starting with the most vulnerable first & those in a post-conflict/conflict setting where these initiatives are a priority to create a future sustainable peace & work towards sustainable development.
A member of the Education Team, the Curriculum Development Specialist (CDS) preforms program & curriculum analysis, instructional design & project management tasks for new programs to develop unique specialised courses for WYKEI. Thoroughly embracing WYKEI's vision, mission, & values, the CDS is essential in the curriculum design & development process that includes the development of new courses.
- Confer with board members & educational committees to obtain knowledge of subject areas, & to relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs.
- Maintain the currency & accuracy of materials in an electronic repository for WYKEI to use & on the online e-learning portal. Maintain a master textbook list for the program curricula under his/her involvement. Develop & manage project plans that ensure on-time completion of assigned courses.
- Prepare curricular materials for submission to required regulatory body, programmatic & institutional accrediting bodies & ensure successful accreditation.
- Identify, summarize & provide information on equipment, technology, & supplies needed to support the quality delivery of the program curricula. Create syllabi, design documents, content outlines, lesson presentations, audio/visual scripts & other supporting documents for courses through reviewing existing educational material on the subject matter for kids, youth & women.
- Participate in new curriculum design from concept development through production to ensure a threading of instruction from concept introduction to concept development to mastery of concept, occurs throughout the curriculum. Develop residential (traditional), Blended & Online courses, using needs assessments & skill level analyses.
- Apply effective use of technological applications & tools to enrich student learning experience in all courses. Develop questionnaires, activities & procedures that measure the effectiveness of curricula, & use these tools to determine whether course objectives are being met.
- Conduct research & consult with the Board of Directors, staff, & external providers in the design & development of new curriculum. Apply instructional guidelines, policies, regulations, & official notices; to the preparation of curricular content for instructional materials.
- Manage process of developing syllabi & instructional materials for each curriculum, including materials as lesson plans, supporting materials like lecture presentations, lecture notes, & hand-outs, & active assessment instruments such as CAS (creativity, activity, service) assessment or assessments through project work.
- Update training documents on a consistent basis & working closely with subject matter experts to evaluate & revise training tools as appropriate. Determine gaps within lesson plans & across units to strengthen existing curriculum. Lead assessment of revised curriculum in assigned program clusters.
- Create/lead curriculum review committees to support revision efforts. Manage timeline for revisions & ensure deadlines are met. Participate in-service training designed to support implementation of newly developed or revised curricula.
Volunteers are unpaid. However, all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed once funding is received according to an expenses policy.
How to apply
For full details, person specification & how to apply click the following link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:09c02730-a540-4e84-8f67-ff34563e9256