10 months ago
The Royal Society for Blind Children believes in a better life for blind children.
We are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they've got.
On the 1st January 2017 the Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) and Royal London Society for Blind People (RLSB) joined together to create a leading charity in England & Wales dedicated to achieve this goal. The new charity is privileged to have the patronage of Her Majesty The Queen.
About the Role
Gain excellent first-step experience of working in a busy and friendly corporate fundraising team. This exciting opportunity will provide you with a thorough understanding of corporate fundraising, and will give you the skills and experience to start your career in charity fundraising.
- Researching companies and businesses to become potential partners with RSBC - using internet, telephone and email.
- Drafting grant applications and letters of appeal
- Supporting the Corporate Fundraising Team
Qualities, Skills and Experience Required
- Confident computer skills including knowledge of Office, databases and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong telephone skills
- Enthusiastic and positive manner
- Interest in gaining experience in charity fundraising
- Experience in corporate/business sector welcome although not necessary
- Induction to your role
- Ongoing support and supervision will be provided
- Opportunity to learn more about other Fundraising teams including Community and Events and Individual Giving.
- Opportunity to complete training to become a sighted guide
What Interns will Gain from this role
- Excellent first-step experience in corporate fundraising within a national charity
- Office-admin, customer service and database skills
- Experience using transferable skills such as planning, organising, project management
Location & Time Commitment
- You will be based at our office in Dalston Hackney
- The internship's duration is from September 2017 to February 2018; but shorter periods will be considered.
- This is a 1-2 days a week role, Monday to Friday, but specific times and days are flexible to fit around your commitments
- This internship is unpaid but expenses including a daily lunch allowance and travel will be provided, within agreed guidelines
Email: email@example.com. Please provide your CV and a cover email explaining why you would like this role.