7 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Content Coordinator with sharp, creative, and exceptional analytical skills to join the ConnectionHub Team. You will be a self-starter able to make the right decision as you will oversee the layout, visual look, and overall content of the ConnectionHub website. You must understand the demographics and characteristics of a website's users and develop material that appeals to them. There is sometimes the need to work after hours in emergency scenarios, such as a website crash or network failure.
- Analyze and test all links and content to ensure that information is accurate, accessible, and user-friendly.
- Make sure the website is compatible with all Internet browsers and mobile devices.
- Visual content management: create the daily "look" of our website.
- Photo editing: edit photos, create graphics and help produce other multimedia.
- Responsible for producing content on web pages and ensuring usability and accuracy.
- Web Analytics: use analytics and SEO to expand the global reach of our editorial coverage.
- Keep up with current programming and technological trends.
- Desired: Degree in Marketing, User Experience Design, Web Design or in a related field.
- Related experience in website management and digital marketing.
- Excellent written skills and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of wordpress, themes and tools, website programming software, analytics and SEO.
- Ability to write and edit clear and accessible digital content.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work across functional teams.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.