£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
8 months ago
TPP have an exciting opportunity to work for a large animal charity. This charity has been established since 1860. They employee 500 staff and 1000 volunteers.
They are recruiting for a Compliance Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure the Charity complies with UK legal and regulatory requirements.
Some of the responsibilities:
* Advise Directors and senior managers to ensure organisational compliance with relevant legislation and GDPR requirements across all functions.
* Act as main point of contact for all data protection enquiries. External and Internal.
* Maintain the policy framework, advise when new policies are required and assist in their issuance.
* Provide support to the procurement team with respect to legal agreements.
* Produce reports and presentations for Board meetings and other information as required by the Trustees.
* Produce and manage the outcomes of organisational data protection impact assessments, making key recommendations to relevant directorates and oversee data protection updates.
Do you have the following?:
* Extensive experience of leading the compliance function and practical application of GDPR across an organisation
* Significant experience of dealing with data protection regulators and complex data protection issues.
* A recognised compliance and privacy qualification e.g CIPM, ISEB
* Comprehensive understanding of information systems, data security and data protection needs of an organisation which is both a controller and a processor
* Significant analytical skills, with experience of understanding and identifying an organisations issues and risks relating to regulatory compliance, using sound judgement to develop appropriate solutions.
You will need significant interpersonal and consultative skills, with experience of negotiating, influencing and building credibility with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels. Experience of dealing with sensitive issues with empathy and resilience. Proven ability to manage a high workload and multiple priorities whilst meeting deadlines.
Desirable - Experience working in a charity funded by legacies and donations which has a wide supporter base. Experience of reporting to and communicating with Executive team, Council of trustees and ICO on data protection matters.
If this role is of interest please get in contact ASAP. Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK.