City of London, London
Up to £70000.00 per annum + excellent
about 2 years ago
Our client, one of the royal institutions, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Company Secretary to join them in a new post. You will be providing advice to Board of Trustees, Committees and the Senior Management Team on compliance with the Bye-Laws and Regulations.
The key responsibilities for the Company Secretary:
- Work with the Chief Executive and Director to direct the Board on regulations
- Draft amendments to Bye-Laws and manage related change processes
- Manage various meetings, take minutes and prepare agendas
- Prepare and submit the annual return to the Charity Commission
- Support the Registrar in the management of Complaints
- Take full responsibility for Information Governance and Data Protection matters
- Ensure that any issues around compliance are identified and reported and managed appropriately
As an experienced Company Secretary you will be expected to be qualified or have an equivalent legal qualification. Your experience of managing or leading people will be essential for any direct reports you can expect to have in this post. A demonstrable track record in being the Governance lead for membership organisations or a similar environment will ensure you can deliver at this senior level. A natural ability to interpret complex written documents and deploy project management skills will definitely benefit you. You will need to demonstrate significant experience of supporting committees. It will be highly desirable that you have a track record at delivering in this role at a high strategic and operational planning level.
If this role is of interest then please send a copy of your CV to us quoting reference number 71164DW