over 3 years ago
There are many non-medical issues that can make people feel stressed, isolated or unwell. Community Connect is a new service supporting local people to improve their health and wellbeing by connecting them with activities, support and services in the community.
We are looking for Community Wellbeing Volunteers to visit various GP surgeries, talk to patients and signpost them to organisations that can improve their wellbeing.
As a Community Wellbeing Volunteer you will engage with local residents to:
- Promote local services & help improve wellbeing
- Help reduce demand at GP surgeries by signposting to local initiatives
- Show empathy and understanding to all patients
- To engage with people waiting in the practice about their needs
- To maintain confidentiality in person and in writing
- To signpost to local initiatives or relevant supporting services
- To carry out the role in accordance with Bexley's volunteering policies, procedures, values and code of conduct.
Our expectations of Volunteers
- A minimum of 2 hours per week for 3-6 months - Volunteers are free to leave at any point but we hope our volunteers would expect to be available for a minimum of 3 months.
- Attendance at induction/training required for this role
- Willingness to travel within the area and work flexibly to accommodate GP practices
- Attendance at regular supervision sessions
What you can expect
- Reimbursement of agreed expenses
- Regular support and supervision
- Training opportunities
What we are looking for from our Volunteers
- Able to engage and communicate with a wide range of people - and listen too
- Able to work on your own, organise your time well and keep adequate records
- Willingness to learn about work with vulnerable people and the importance of confidentiality and boundaries
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities within the community
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com or call 01322 524 682.