9 months ago
Steel Bones helps amputee families thrive, helped by a proactive supportive peer community. The support we provide empowers the amputee and their family helping in moments of stress, crisis and trauma. Together with signposting families to all relevant services and support available to them as it can be very complicated and confusing particularly in crisis mode. Steel Bones has a year round calendar of regular social events for amputees and their families. Passionate about inspiring the next generation and the wider public to be fully inclusive, Steel Bones provides engaging awareness workshops for primary schools and publishes children's books featuring amputee families in settings familiar to all readers, young and old.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Steel Bones' life. We have key roles which our volunteers have helped with and made a fantastic and brilliant impact on empowering amputee families. When join Steel Bones as volunteer we'll give you full training and support, lots of appreciation and valuable skills and training - as well as a good variety of snacks. There is also a quarterly thank you event in which we invite all our volunteers to join us for tea, coffee and cake.
- Enjoy socialising
- Have a passion to make a difference
- Are Team Players
- Have positive, friendly outlook on life
COMMUNITY FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEER: RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Community Fundraising Volunteer, you'll support the team in creating fun fundraising activities which involve the wider community.
Raising funds so we can keep our activities free and reach more amputee families is extremely important to Steel Bones. Some of the ways our fundraising volunteers can help us are organising a fantastic bingo or quiz night, baking cakes for us to sell at an event, packing bags in supermarkets or bucket shakes. If you have a fundraising idea you'd like to do, we'd love to hear it. Another way to help is with researching and helping write funding bids. Whether you've already got experience in this area or would like to develop your bid writing skills, please get in touch.
Skills you'll learn
- Teamwork: you'll work as part of a team to welcome guests and make them feel welcome.
- Ambassadorship skills: You will be trained to act as an Ambassador for Steel Bones armed with the latest information of current activities and also whats head in the future for the Steel Bones families as well as the wider public.
- Hosting skills: you'll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Relationship building: you'll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, ensuring they come back for more events.
What to expect from Steel Bones
- Training and Induction to ensure you feel fully equipped to support us.
- Ongoing support and advice from Steel Bones Development Manager during every session.
- Impressive skills and experiences to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- Reasonable Travel expenses will be reimbursed each month, with proof of travel.
- The opportunity to meet like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
To apply, please register your details here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JM7F33F