£1 per annum + Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
over 1 year ago
Post title: Community Fundraising Intern (voluntary)
Department/Division/Directorate: Fundraising & Supporter Development
Responsible for: N/A
Responsible to: Community and Events Fundraising Assistant
Based at King's College London, we are the fundraising team for the Kings' Health Partners which includes King's College Hospital, Guy's and St Thomas' and the Evelina London Children's Hospital, and South London and Maudsley.
The Community Fundraising team sits as part of the Events and Community Fundraising team and we are responsible for supporting individuals and groups (schools and faith groups etc) in their fundraising, as they raise money in the community. Fundraising endeavours can be anything from cake sales, concerts, charity walks or even large golf days.
As a part of a multi-faceted and busy fundraising team, you will assist the Community Fundraising team through fundraising support, administration and research. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to experience supporting a team in a large office environment, within a world renowned organisation.
The internship will last for three months (with possible extension), with a suggested commitment of three days a week.
- To support fundraising projects, including responding to enquiries, sending fundraising materials, distributing marketing materials and making follow up contact to potential fundraisers.
- To assist the Community Fundraising team in supporting fundraisers and sending out fundraising materials
- Event assistance, including acquiring raffle prizes, research and support in advance of the day
- Attending small scale community fundraising events
- Supporting charity collections with our corporate partners
- To support in the project management of the collection tin procedure to increase fundraising material presence in hospitals and local area with the support of a team of volunteers
- Undertake research projects to identify new fundraising opportunities within the community, such as community groups and Charity of the Year partnerships
- To provide administrative support to the Community Fundraising team
- Adding new contacts to the database (Raisers Edge) and maintaining accurate supporter records
- Acknowledging donations
- Assisting with mailings
- Helping organise stock and fundraising materials
- Support on a range of activities as agreed with the Community Fundraising Manager.
Applicants should have the following skills/experience:
- Interest in working in fundraising and the charity sector
- Good IT skills - MS Office
- Confident communicator, both written and spoken
- The ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to undertake research
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
We pay travel expenses up until zone 6 in London, and lunch expenses to the value of £5 on presentation of a receipt.
If you are interested in this position, please email Emily Simms at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter, telling them why you are applying for the role.