about 3 years ago
Community Engagement Volunteer Role Description - Insight Platform, Haringey
This role involves supporting Blenheim's young persons' service in Haringey on a local level: raising awareness of the service offerings, assisting with events, and improving engagement with the community.
About Insight Platform
Insight Platform is part of Blenheim, a leading charity that helps people struggling with alcohol and substance misuse across London by providing accessible support and help to end their dependency. We have a number of recovery services throughout London. Each of these services provides free, friendly, and non-judgmental support, offering unique and tailored services to the individuals and their communities.
- London based (ideally with knowledge of Haringey)
- Able to offer at least 2-3 hours a week
- Clear verbal/written communication skills
- A confident, friendly approach and a willingness to learn
- An understanding of issues affecting young people and their families.
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance
- Over 18
We expect our volunteers to:
- Commit to volunteering regularly each week and to be consistent and punctual
- Be respectful to all service users and team members.
- Attend and complete relevant training
- Participate in supervision sessions with your supervisor
- Follow Blenheim protocols as directed by staff
What volunteers can expect from us:
- Regular supervision
- Induction and access to online and face to face training
- To learn and practice new skills within a team work setting
- To feel part of a team and the wider Blenheim organisation
- Travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey
- For volunteers working 6 hours or more in one session, reimbursement of lunch up to a maximum value of £4 on production of receipts
Tasks and Duties
- Support the work of Insight Platform on a local level by working to raise awareness in the community of service offerings.
- Assist with organising open days and fundraising events for the charity.
- Explore innovative solutions to improve engagement between the service, the local community, and potential supporters.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://blenheimcdp.org.uk/jobs/joblistings/