over 1 year ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
Your new team
Within Community engagement, we have forged strong relationships with the numerous community organisations and individuals that make up the LGBT+ people of London. We are looking to build on this work, increasing our outreach and brining attention to the issues impacting the LGBT+ community in London and around the world. As we have refocused our strategy, this is an exciting team to join our varied and multifaceted team.
Your new volunteer role
We are looking for nine volunteers to specifically target specific parts of the LGBT community. This is to ensure their needs are being highlighted and addressed during the design and delivery of Pride In London.
Currently the specific groups we are looking for volunteers to engage with include;
- Young People
- Employee Networks
- Older People
Who you are
- Someone keen to make a difference for LGBT+ community of London
- A friendly and outgoing nature- you will be engaging with a wide range of people as part of this role
- Some knowledge of Pride in London current operational delivery would be useful
- IT Literate
What you'll get about joining Pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
For more information about us
To learn more about Pride in London - http://prideinlondon.org/