over 3 years ago
Working closely with the Fundraising Team, the Communications Volunteer will be responsible for raising awareness of the Paul’s Cancer Support Centre and our fundraising events.
What activities will I be involved in?
- Promoting the group's events and activities
- Making links with local newspapers and media
- Writing and sending press releases
- Distributing leaflets/posters/publicity materials
What support will I be given?
- You will be given an induction to the charity
- You will receive a detailed fundraising information pack
- Fundraising materials and tools will be available
How much time do I need to commit?
The time commitment will vary according to your availability, On average we expect this role to take up between 1-2 hours per week
What benefits can I expect?
- An opportunity to make a real difference in your local community and to the lives of the families that we care for
- To make new friends and build existing relationships
- An opportunity to apply your existing skills and develop them further
Skills / Qualifications required
Ideally you should be able to demonstrate:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communications skills and a clear and polite telephone manner
- Punctuality, reliability and honesty
- The ability to adhere to our policies such as health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and financial guidelines
For more details of the opportunity descriptions and to apply, contact Estelle Le Galliot our Community Fundraising Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org