Up to £28000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is a specialist charity who provide telephone support/helpline and companion services to a specific demographic in the UK. Our client have now moved into their an exciting phase of their development to significantly grow sustainable income from multiple sources and to grow their influence by being the "go to" charity on issues affecting loneliness and older people.
As a relatively new charity, our client recognises that communications are vital in helping raise their profile, albeit one with a considerable presence thanks to the profile of their founder.
They are seeking to hire a Communications Officer who will report into and support the Head of Communications. This is an exciting, broad and varied role and will give the role holder the opportunity to work across all the communications disciplines to ensure our client properly engages with supporters and raises their profile in the national and sectoral media.
The role holder will have strong relationships with our client's fundraising, communications and operations teams, and will work closely with the Chief Executive .
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Field inquiries from stakeholders including journalists, policy makers and volunteers
- Create press releases and statements as needed.
- Manage a database of media contacts and case studies
- Develop, manage and update engaging content for website and social media
- Maintain social media accounts
- Plan and create multi-media communications materials
- Produce, edit and distribute a range of materials for external and internal audiences, dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences are featured.
- Provide communications support for campaigns and fundraising
- Help market and communicate events, such as fundraising challenges, conferences, and events for the public
- Review and update our client's marketing materials regularly.
- Maintain a system for press cuttings, including monitoring and reporting on them
- Work with dedicated volunteers to produce a bank of case studies
- Ensure consistent branding is used
- Help maintain and build reputation
- Experience working in a communications or marketing role.
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating integrated communications activities.
- Excellent written communications skills, with the proven ability to write engaging copy for a range of channels and audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of social media activity and experience of delivering this for an organisation
- Excellent verbal communication skills to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders and carry out presentations and briefings as required.
- Understanding of brand principles and the application of these in communications and marketing.
- Ability to work proactively using own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines, with well-developed time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience of evaluating communications activity.