Up to £28000 per annum
over 2 years ago
TPP is currently representing a social welfare charity who provide a valuable telephone support/helpline and companion service.
Still considering themselves as a start up, our client have now moved into an exciting phase of their development to significantly grow sustainable income from multiple sources, and to grow their influence by being the "go to" charity on issues affecting a specific client group.
As a Communications Officer will be responsible in building strong relationships with our client's fundraising, communications and operations teams, and will work closely with the Chief Executive .
Performing a very broad role, your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Field inquiries from stakeholders including journalists, policy makers and volunteers
- Create press releases and statements as needed
- Manage a database of media contacts and case studies
- Develop, manage and update engaging content for website and social media
- Maintain social media accounts
- Plan and create multi-media communications materials
- Produce, edit and distribute a range of materials for external and internal audiences, dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences are featured
- Provide communications support for campaigns and fundraising
- Help market and communicate events, such as fundraising challenges, conferences, and events for the public
- Review and update Silver Line materials regularly
- Maintain a system for press cuttings, including monitoring and reporting on them
- Work with dedicated volunteers to produce a bank of case studies
Your experience will include
- Experience working in a communications or marketing role.
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating integrated communications activities.
- Excellent written communications skills, with the proven ability to write engaging copy for a range of channels and audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of social media activity and experience of delivering this for an organisation
- Excellent verbal communication skills to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders and carry out presentations and briefings as required.
- Understanding of brand principles and the application of these in communications and marketing.
- Ability to work proactively using own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines, with well-developed time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience of evaluating communications activity.