£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
about 2 months ago
Are you a communications professional looking for an exciting new challenge?
If so, a Global association supporting the female-oriented and female-only membership and international development organisation are looking for a Communications Officer to join their growing team.
As the Communications Officer your work will be key in supporting the communications needs of the global programmes delivered by the organisation's Global Programmes Team and the Strategic Partnerships Team that fund and support those programmes. The role will also support the development of their global campaigns such as International Women's Day and International Day of the Girl.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the content and communications needs of the organisation's global programmes to create an overarching communications strategy with a defined calendar of activities and objectives.
- As the Communications Officer, you will be tasked to support the Strategic Partnerships Team new business opportunities to secure new funding partners, providing tailored and innovative approaches to external communications needs that a potential partner may require.
- Create, summarise, edit and proofread programme documents and presentations. To then facilitate and manage the design process and production of programme publications, including print, online materials in the form of blogs, reports, social media content, multimedia products, posters, and information packets, and other programme documentation.
- Work with the Global Programmes Team, Member Organisations and volunteers to source inspiring and engaging stories about programme activities, achievements, outputs and impacts.
- Provide communication and media support to prioritised special events/workshops/meetings and conferences.
Your experience will include
- Ideally you will have proven experience in communications, including developing and implementing a cross department or organisational communications strategy
- As a Communications Officer, you will have experience of web and social media content development and associated trends.
- Basic skills with design software (such as Adobe)
- Experience of preparing engaging and inspiring materials for partnerships and/or fundraising
- Experience in delivering communications plans to an external audience
- Ability to work with autonomy, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities and solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the empowerment of girls across the world through amazing international programmes and campaigns
If you are interested in the role of Communications Officer, please submit your CV with a short supporting statement as to why you think your skills and experience would be a good fit for this role.
Closing date for applications is on the 10th of July 2022 with interviews to be arranged the following week.
We look forward to your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.