Up to £36000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
about 1 month ago
Are you a Communications Manager looking for your next role?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to work with a prestigious Academy who work alongside some of the best Engineers in the world to create a sustainable society and inclusive economy that works for everyone
They are looking to appoint a Communications Manager who will manage the promotion of the Academy's programmes and engineering policy, ensuring that these and our wider activities are reaching key audiences and stakeholders across all traditional media and digital channels so a proven track record in Media relations is key for this role.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work for an organisation whose work shapes the future for us all through engineering
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- As Communications Manager you will contribute and work towards achieving key strategic goals by maximising media engagement, raising the profile of the Academy and creating awareness of both the Academy's activities and of the engineering in service of society
- Gain impactful publicity for the Academy's engineering programmes, policy and activities. You will devise and deliver high quality communication strategies, development of news stories with internal teams and the production of news releases and pitching news and feature articles to media.
- Monitor and steer the media profile of the Academy and assemble and present media coverage for circulation to Academy Fellows and staff.
- As the Communications Manager you will proactively maintain and grow key media, Press and PR relationships specifically of national and specialist media and peer organisations and other national academies.
- Undertake any other press and communications activities as reasonably requested by the Head of Media and Engagement or the Director of Communications and Engagement.
Your experience will include
- As the Communications Manager you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record and experience in press and media relations, either with an agency or in-house for a national organisation or company, or as a journalist.
- You will have both excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent influencer with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have a solid understanding and knowledge of the media and their needs
- As the Communications Manager you will be confident in deconstructing complex scientific information to pitch to the media
- Experience of policy work and/or the enterprise sector would be an advantage
This is a great organisation to work for who offer excellent benefits, a friendly, progressive environment where you will have the opportunity to be creative and have a big input in key strategic decision making.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send through your CV and a 400-500 work supporting statement.
We will be shortlisting candidates for interview in the week ending 7th of Jan 2022 and then interviews will be held shortly after.
We look forward to hearing from you
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.