over 3 years ago
RedR UK is looking for two interns to provide marketing, communications and administrative support to the International Programmes Team and Fundraising and Communications Team. You will have a range of responsibilities and will be encouraged to contribute your own ideas. If you are passionate about communications with strong writing skills, an eye for design and a creative mind, this is a great way to gain professional experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Good, demonstrable written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
- An interest or experience in humanitarian work; especially capacity building and communications
- Experience using MS Outlook and Word
- Good attention to detail, particularly in design and writing
- Confidence in initiating conversations and engaging with programme staff around the world, particularly using Skype (for the Communications Intern, International Programmes Team)
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a proactive, problem-solving approach to new challenges
- An interest and proficiency in social media (for the Communications Intern, Fundraising and Communications Team)
- A good eye for design and a creative mind, plus the understanding of what makes a good photograph (for the Communications Intern, Fundraising and Communications Team)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the humanitarian sector
- Experience using Adobe InDesign (or other design software)
- Experience using a website Content Management System
- Photography skills and a working knowledge of video editing software (for the Communications Intern, Fundraising and Communications Team)
Location: 250a Kennington Lane, London SE11 5RD.
Working days: 2-3 per week (Flexible)
Duration: 6 months (Flexible)
Expenses: Lunch and local travel expenses covered.
Closing date: 13 September 2015
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For the full job description, please visit http://www.redr.org.uk/en/jobs/Volunteer.cfm
Please email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role to email@example.com by 13 September. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.