5 months ago
Nordoff Robbins is the largest independent music therapy charity in the UK, dedicated to changing the lives of vulnerable and isolated people. We support thousands of people in our own centres and by working in partnership with a wide range of organisations including care homes, schools and hospitals.
When delivered by a trained practitioner, music therapy can be used to support people living with a wide range of needs. It can help a child with autism to communicate, reduce anxiety for those living with dementia or provide comfort and celebrate the life of someone facing terminal illness.
Music therapy can be life-changing for so many people.
We've an exciting new role on the communications and marketing team, for a volunteer to support our communications and marketing activity.
The communications and marketing team oversee the delivery of high-quality, impactful media coverage and campaigns that work to raise awareness of Nordoff Robbins across a broad range of audiences, drive our social media presence, and lead on the creation of high quality marketing materials to promote our services and campaigns in a highly effective and engaging manner.
The team are also responsible for looking after our charity Ambassadors, both high profile and beneficiary supporters, ensuring that we work closely and effectively with them to help raise awareness of the charity.
The ideal person for this role will be someone with a strong interest and passion for communicating, either with some experience or looking to develop experience in a fast-paced charity communications and marketing environment. You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is keen to build on their current knowledge, happy to help with a variety of tasks, and to work as part of a small, friendly and energetic team.
This is a flexible role and duties will vary depending on need, skills and interest, and will be based in the Kentish Town office, for a minimum of seven hours per week. Tasks could include:
- Undertaking various research projects to help shape and inform our plans
- Undertaking ad-hoc social media/digital tasks
- Drafting news stories for the website
- Streamlining and updating our asset libraries
- Supporting with on-the-ground comms output at events
- Supporting on the creation of Marketing materials
Skills and competencies
- A passion for all things communication
- Aptitude for effective communication and research
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills are vital
- Ability to work efficiently to a deadline
- Fully IT literate, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
- Solid mathematical skills
- Experience of working in an office environment is desirable
- A passion for the charity sector and music therapy is desirable
What this role can offer the volunteer
This role will offer you the chance to work within one of Nordoff Robbins offices alongside colleagues from a variety of Nordoff Robbins teams. You will be working closely with the communications and marketing team but also with the broader fundraising team and will get a taste of how a successful communications team works and help support Nordoff Robbins life changing music therapy work.
- You will help Nordoff Robbins in its mission to change lives through music.
- You will learn about the various aspects of working in a communications and marketing team both at practical and strategic level.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is interested in developing a future career in a communications and marketing team within the charity sector.
This is a volunteer role and as such is unpaid. However, we may be able to reimburse reasonable expenses.
We try to offer flexible volunteering hours, to fit with other commitments you may have.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
14 June 2018. Applications will be considered as they are received.
To be arranged.
As soon as possible.
Duration of placement
Minimum 4 months, but flexible based on needs.