about 3 years ago
We’re looking for friendly, confident and reliable people to place collection tins in their local communities.
Why we need you
Make-A-Wish® UK grants magical wishes to enrich the lives of children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions. Although many people have heard of the charity, some do not know exactly what we do, or how the magic of a wish can have a huge impact on a child and family going through such a difficult time.
You’ll be a key part of the Community Fundraising team, raising awareness of, and funds for, Make-A-Wish by managing your own network of collection tins.
What will I be doing?
- Using your local knowledge to seek new locations for tins to be placed e.g., local shop or leisure centre
- You’ll visit existing sites to swap full tins for empty ones
- You’ll be responsible for counting and banking donations aswell as completing the necessary paperwork to ensure we know how much each site has collected
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Access to a vehicle or good transport links
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good negotiation skills
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office, email and the internet
- Good knowledge of your local area would be an advantage
How much time do I need to commit?
The time taken will depend on the number of tins you have placed within your community. We would ask that you try to place a minimum of 10 tins per year.
What support will I be given?
- An online induction
- Role-specific training provided by your Regional Fundraising Manager
- We’ll reimburse agreed expenses incurred as a result of your volunteer role
- You’ll have access to our online volunteer community – Wishnet
- You’ll be provided with collection tins, seals and instructions
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the lives of seriously ill children and young people through the work of Make-A-Wish
- The opportunity to develop your skills with one of the UK’s leading charities
- More involvement in, and making a difference to, your local community
- The opportunity to meet and work with a wide variety people and have fun
Where will I be based?
Most of your work will involve being out and about representing the charity in your local community. You may need to carry out some tasks in your home.
To find out more about this role, or apply, please contact the Volunteering Team on 01276 40 50 50 or visit https://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/support-us/volunteer/opportunities/collection-tin-co-ordinator
Charity Reg Nos. 295672/SC037479