12 months ago
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged 3 to 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves - from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children's hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Collection Tin Co-ordinator, you will support our fundraising team to raise awareness and vital funds by placing and managing collection boxes within your local community.
What will I be doing?
- Speaking with business owners and store managers to gain permission to place a collection tin in their business
- Placing collecting tins in local shops, pubs, cafés and businesses such as hairdressers
- After boxes are placed, return on a regular basis to check if the boxes are full.
- When collection boxes are full you'll be responsible for counting and banking donations as well as completing the necessary paperwork.
- You'll need to make sure you count the donations with a friend, family member or colleague present to act as a witness
- Report any stolen boxes to Kirsty
- Spotting potential for further fundraising in your local area and letting Kirsty know such as local businesses who are looking for their next charity partner.
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Ability to build rapport with business owners and their staff to gain permission to place the collection tin
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft excel, email and the internet
- Good knowledge of your local area
How much time do I need to commit?
- We would ask that you try to place a minimum of 10 boxes per year
- We expect each box to need to be emptied approximately every 3 months
What support will I be given?
- An induction to help you understand more about our work and your role
- Regular contact with Kirsty who will help make sure you've always got everything you need
- You'll be provided with collection boxes, re-seal labels and paperwork
- You will receive a volunteer badge and authorisation letter
Where will I be based?
Most of your work will involve being out and about representing Rays of Sunshine in your local community. You will need to empty and count the collection boxes in a safe location such as your house or office.
Ready to join Team Sunshine?
To found out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Kirsty on 020 8782 1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org