over 1 year ago
Volunteering Role: Collection Crew Volunteer (Various locations)
About the opportunity
We are looking for volunteers to help with collections to raise vital funds for research into dementia across the UK. Alzheimer's Research UK, corporate partners and fundraising groups hold collections in all sorts of venues at various times throughout the year; from supermarkets and shopping centres to train stations, concert halls and football stadiums.
At collections, you'll be part of an enthusiastic team of volunteers wearing your orange Alzheimer's Research UK T-shirt with pride and collecting money throughout the location. We're also looking for Collection Coordinator volunteers to help lead our collections.
- Central: Wantage, Reading, High Wycombe
- Scotland: Strathaven, Drumchapel, Shawlands
- North East: Harrogate, Leeds, Wetherby
- North West: Carlisle, Preston, Altrincham
- Northern Ireland: Belfast, Derry/Londonderry
- East: Norwich, Cambridge, Ipswich
- West: Solihull, Stoke-on-Trent, Tamworth
- South East: Southampton, Guildford, Winchester
From time to time collections are held on different weekend dates so you'll be asked your availability and once a collection date is confirmed, morning or afternoon shifts are available on a rota basis. Don't worry, we don't expect you to give up every weekend! Opportunities can have peak or quieter periods and the role can work around your commitments.
About Alzheimer's Research UK
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we're challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in cutting-edge research.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make this happen and with your support, we'll make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
Together we have the power to make breakthroughs possible. For more information go to our website.
What are they looking for?
- Enthusiasm and a passion for the work of Alzheimer's Research UK.
- A willingness to get stuck in, volunteering alongside others as part of a team.
- You'll need to listen and communicate well, be reliable and arrive on time.
- Appropriate clothing to keep you comfortable - some collection locations can be outdoors.
Why get involved?
In return as one of Alzheimer's Research UK's Collection Crew volunteers, you will benefit from:
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- The opportunity to meet new people in your community.
- Gaining new experiences volunteering experiences, boosting your CV.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing.
- All collecting materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer's Research UK orange T-Shirt.
Please register your interest by completing our simple online registration form at:
If you have any general enquiries about this role please contact the team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 5555 or visit our website at www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/support-us/volunteer
Alzheimer's Research UK - Registered Charity no. 1077089 & SC042474