almost 2 years ago
Livability is building on a 170-year track record of ground-breaking community work to champion and enable people living with disabilities across the UK.
Our charity's forefathers John Grooms and Lord Shaftesbury were pioneers of social change in their day. Livability is inspired by their story and strives to deliver impactful and relevant services that meet the needs of society today.
Our 2000-strong, enabling team of staff across the UK deliver:
- Care homes and residential support centres
- A school and a further education college for disabled students
- A wellbeing discovery centre set in 200 acres of natural landscape
- Independent and supported living programmes for disabled people
- Care and support for disabled people
- Rehabilitation centres for brain and spinal injury.
- Spinal injury rehabilitation expertise in developing countries.
- Wellbeing and happiness coaching through the Livability Happiness Course
Our Fundraising Team within Livability operates to ensure we have the funds available to deliver our services. We are looking to raise £5 million every year, and growing our base of fundraising volunteers plays a key part.
Our Collection Volunteer role will help in raising money for Livability at various train stations across London over the festive period. We will be running collections at the following stations;
Tuesday 3rd December 7am-2pm- North Greenwich Station
Wednesday 4th December 3pm-9pm- Shoreditch High Street Station
Thursday 5th December 7am-2pm- Swiss Cottage Station
Friday 6th December 3pm-9pm South Kensington station
.Tasks for this role will include:
- Attend collections at train stations, encouraging cash or card donations
- Volunteer from 2-6 hour shifts, alongside our Livability Staff Team
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Friendly and reliable
- Have a willingness to learn about the work of Livability
- Willingness to travel around London
What we can offer you:
- Reimbursement for travel and refreshment expenses
- Induction learning
- Great addition to your CV
- Make a real difference for people living with disabilities
- We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme. We welcome applications from people who are living with a disability. Our process of recruitment is:
Phone Call/Registration Form/Induction
For further enquiries please contact:
020 7452 2121
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with #TeamLivability