Up to £20808 per annum + +£1,885 Outer London Weighting
about 2 months ago
Our client is an established children's charity proving care for vulnerable children. It is one of the UK's largest children's charities, and they provide a wide range of care services for vulnerable young people in the UK, including fostering, residential care, child protection, and leaving care support services.
About the role:
The children's charity is looking to hire a number of new Support Workers for their two Children's Residential Homes based in either Ilford or Enfield. The home in Ilford is a multi-bed home, and the home in Enfield is a solo placement of a young person with a long term plan.
The multi-bed service offers a range of residential placements to children and young people (aged 18 and under) with learning disabilities and associated challenging behaviour. Placements offered include short breaks, medium term and long term placements. You will be working directly with children and young people to provide support and individualized care, contributing to a nurturing environment for them.
● To provide a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people.
● To carry out direct work with children, families, social workers and all relevant agencies.
● To ensure that Care Plans and Risk Assessments are developed and regularly reviewed for all key children.
● To support children and young people to attain the 5 outcomes in line with Every Child Matters, Change for Children and the Quality Standards 2015:
Enjoy and achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve economic well-being
● To support children and young people to form new relationships and friendships.
● To support young people to engage in activities and sports.
● To support young people to access community resources.
● To support children and young people to develop decision making skills.
● To support the transition to adulthood and the learning of life skills.
What you'll need:
● Passion, patience, and willingness to work with and provide care to vulnerable children
● Experience, either personal or professional, of providing care to children with complex needs
● Have or be willing to obtain (with the charity's support) the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care
You will be joining a charity with a passionate community who strive to deliver the best care possible to vulnerable children, there will be plenty of development and support for staff. The charity's services are expanding every year and you will be part of their exciting journey of achieving increasing levels of positive impacts year by year.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now with your up to date CV.
For more information about this role, please get in touch at email@example.com quoting reference number J75477GH.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.