City of London
£50k - 55k per year
about 3 years ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and versatile Chief Operating Officer with a financial background to join a West London based charity during an exciting period of change. This is a six months contract.
The charity is about to undergo a significant rebrand, and is searching for a COO to work closely with the Chief Executive and to lead on:
- Line management of a small finance team
- Production of timely management reports for submission to the CEO and Board
- Maintenance and improvement of accounting and operational controls, policies and procedures
- Payroll Management
- Working with the CEO to drive the organisational strategy forward, and to analyse new business opportunities
- Preparation and submission of VAT and HMRC returns
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts, including leading on annual audit
The successful candidate will have experience in growing a start-up business and will have an extensive background in financial management (preferably a CCAB Qualification or equivalent). In order to succeed in post you will be a team-player, resilient and an excellent communicator. Experience in the charity sector will be an advantage, but applications from candidates wishing to move from other sectors are welcome.
This role represents a chance to be at the forefront of an innovative, cutting edge venture with huge potential. If you wish to be considered for the post, please reply to this advert with an updated CV. Alternatively, please contact a member of the Senior Appointments team for further information. This is an urgent role and CVs will be considered on a daily basis.