4 months ago
The Dementia Revolution is a year-long campaign delivered by Alzheimer's Research UK and Alzheimer's Society as Charity of the Year for the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon. The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness of dementia, overthrow old attitudes and power groundbreaking dementia research.
By volunteering for the Dementia Revolution at the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon you'll be part of high-energy squads that cheer on runners, helping to create a unique atmosphere for thousands of Dementia Revolution runners.
Date: Sunday 28 April 2019
Time Commitment: 4-5 hours (Morning 8am-1pm or Afternoon 12:30pm-4:30pm)
Location: City of London (at one of ten cheer points along the marathon route)
What Will I Do?
- Cheer, support and motivate Dementia Revolution runners at cheer points along the marathon route
- Wave flags, clap thundersticks and use other materials provided to help make a real impact
- You'll be a friendly and approachable face of the Dementia Revolution campaign
- Engage with the general public promoting the Dementia Revolution
- Be active and 'on your feet' at cheer points throughout the shift
What Will I Need?
- You'll need to bring your enthusiastic, friendly and fun self!
- A willingness to get stuck in, volunteering alongside others as part of a team
- You'll need to listen and communicate well, be reliable and arrive on time
- Appropriate clothing to keep you comfortable - check the weather forecast
Why Get Involved?
- Enjoy a fantastic, community-spirited and fun day supporting a brilliant cause
- Be part of an international event soaking up the amazing atmosphere
- A chance to gain volunteering/events experience, do something new and boost your CV
- The opportunity to meet new people in your community in a sociable setting
- Clear advanced briefing and on-the-day training relevant to your role
- Light snack and water available to keep you energised during your shift
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed after the event (receipts required)
- Reasonable lunch expenses will be reimbursed after the event (receipts required)
- We'll provide all materials you might need on the day - including a fantastic free t-shirt!
- Support from a dedicated member of staff in your role
How to Apply: www.dementiarevolution.org/volunteer