over 2 years ago
Volunteering Role: Cheer Squad Volunteer (Ride London)
Event Date: Sunday 4 August
About the opportunity
Alzheimer's Research UK is looking for some loud volunteers to cheer on our amazing Ride London cyclists at the Prudential Ride London cycling event on Sunday 4 August 2019.
This year we are hoping to have our biggest cycling team ever! With over 100 passionate cyclists on our team, we're looking for an equally amazing cheer squad to get them up the largest hill on the course and to ensure they cross that finish line!
As one of our biggest events throughout the course of the year, it would be great if you could join our cheer squad team! We will provide you with an Alzheimer's Research UK t-shirt, cheering materials and everything else you need to give our cyclists a vital boost as they ride past.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for supporting dementia research!
- Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
The cheer squad station runs from 9am to 5pm and is based on Wimbledon Hill Road. The Sporting Events Team will be setting up the station at 8.45am and will be at approximately mile 90.
Shifts Available: The morning slot runs from 9am to 1pm and the afternoon slot will run from, 12.30pm to 5pm.
We appreciate any time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole morning, afternoon, just half an hour or the whole day, you are helping us to make breakthroughs possible!
About Alzheimer's Research UK
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we're challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in cutting-edge research.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make this happen and with your support, we'll make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
- Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
- You'll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Why get involved?
In return, as one of Alzheimer's Research UK's Cheer Squad Volunteers, you'll benefit from:
- Gaining a new volunteering experience and make new friends in your community.
- Insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing.
- A cheer team leader will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
- All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer's Research UK orange T-Shirt.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form to complete and a member of our team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email email@example.com