about 1 month ago
Virgin Money London Marathon 2021
Event Date: Sunday 3rd October 2021
About the opportunity
Alzheimer's Research UK is looking for volunteers to cheer on our extraordinary runners at The Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday 3rd October 2021.
There is quite simply no event with an atmosphere that can compare to the Virgin Money London Marathon. We need you to whoop and cheer as loud as you can to give our #TeamARUK runners a vital boost as they run past on their quest to the finish line! Join our energetic cheer squads at one of our designated cheer stations in the iconic city of London; Bermondsey - Mile 11, Narrow Street - Mile 14, South Quay - Mile 18, Monument - Mile 23
We'll provide an Alzheimer's Research UK T-Shirt, banners, balloons, cheering sticks and everything else you need to make you stand out in the crowd!
Why get involved?
In return, as one of Alzheimer's Research UK's Cheer Squad volunteers, you'll benefit from:
- Gaining a new volunteering experience and meeting an enthusiastic team of people.
- Soaking up the unbeatable atmosphere of an iconic, televised event that attracts some of the world's top athletes.
- Getting an insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing and a cheer team leader who will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
- All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer's Research UK orange T-Shirt.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
About Alzheimer's Research UK
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we're challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in cutting-edge research.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make this happen and with your support, we'll make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for supporting and motivating our runners!
- Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
- 9:30am - 6pm approx. Time commitments will vary depending on where you are on the course you are stationed (we appreciate whatever time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole slot or just an hour or two!)
- We'll provide you with an event brief with the exact cheer point location details and corresponding timings.
- Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
- You'll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form and a member of our team will be in touch:
Alternatively, if you have any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org