21 days ago
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.
Volunteering Role: Great North Run 2022 - Cheer Squad Volunteer (Gateshead)
Event Date: Sunday 11 September 2022
About the opportunity
Alzheimer's Research UK is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our awesome Cheer Squad at the Great North Run on Sunday 11 September 2022.
Starting and finishing in Newcastle, our #TeamARUK runners will be taking on the iconic Great North Run and we need you, your family and friends to whoop and cheer as loud as you can to support our them along the course route. Join the buzzing atmosphere on race day and give our runners a vital boost as they go past, encouraging them to keep going and helping them to achieve their goal.
We'll provide you with all the materials you require including tambourines, whistles and orange accessories to make you stand out in the crowd!
Your support will make a massive difference to our runners and encourage them to reach their targets. In 2021 our Cheer Squads supported participants in sporting events across the UK raising upwards of £1.3 million! Your help will be a key contributor to raising vital funds for dementia research.
Why get involved?
In return, as one of Alzheimer's Research UK's Cheer squad volunteers you'll benefit from:
- Gaining a new volunteering experience and meeting an enthusiastic team of people.
- Soaking up the unbeatable atmosphere of an iconic, televised event that attracts some of the world's top athletes.
- Getting an insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing and a cheer team leader who will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
- All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer's Research UK orange T-Shirt.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
About Alzheimer's Research UK
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity. We are dedicated to making breakthroughs in diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and cure.
Dementia is caused by physical diseases, and diseases can be cured.
Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we fund and deliver pioneering research. We challenge the way people think about dementia and bring together the people and organisations who can speed up progress.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make this happen.
With your support, we'll make breakthroughs possible.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for supporting and motivating our #TeamARUK cyclists!
- Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
- 9am to 3pm approx., timings to be confirmed (we appreciate whatever time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole day or just an hour or two!)
- We'll provide you with an event brief with the exact cheer point location details and corresponding timings.
- Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
- You'll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form and a member of our team will be in touch:
Alternatively, if you have any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org