16 days ago
Challenge Events Office Volunteer
Make-A-Wish UK grants life-changing wishes to children with critical illnesses. A wish gives a desperately ill child and their family time away from the daily struggles of living with a serious condition. Since 1986, Make-A-Wish has turned the wishes of more than 12,000 seriously ill children into realities - creating memories to treasure forever, whatever the future may hold.
We're looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual with great attention to detail to provide support to our challenge events team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to enter a role in the Challenge Events sector and gain experience in fundraising. It's also relevant to anyone who is keen to gain customer care experience.
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Why we need you
Over the year the challenge events team will raise in excess of £1million and your support will be a huge part of making that happen. Your role will make a difference by supporting challenge events participants in keeping them motivated and enthused about their fundraising and training.
What will I be doing?
- Answering emails from events fundraisers and responding to standard enquiries
- Calling fundraisers and supporting them with their fundraising
- Ensuring any data entry is done correctly and keeping accurate records on our database of any fundraiser communications
- Sending regular emails to our supporters supporting them with event fundraising
- Depending on your experience there will be opportunities to be involved with supporter care development, social media, race day logistics, fundraiser development and marketing
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Excellent communication skills for both writing emails and making phone calls
- Great computer skills including Excel and Word
- Experience in using databases
- An eye for detail
- An understanding regarding confidentiality and data protection
- Interest in learning about fundraising if you've not done so before
- Confidence when learning new processes
Communication, Flexible, Passionate
How much time do I need to commit?
We're ideally looking for a commitment of one day per week on any day that suits you in The Hub. This could be split into two 4 hours days or 1 8 hour day with lunch. Or if you can only spare half a day please do still get in touch as we would welcome anyone who is enthusiastic into the role.
What support will I be given?
Online Induction Training
Access to our online Volunteer Community - WishNet
Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
You'll be kept up to date with latest Make-A-Wish news and information
Ongoing training relating to your role
Ongoing support from your dedicated Volunteer Manager
What will I get from volunteering?
A good opportunity to develop experience in fundraising and working within the charity sector.
Great opportunity to learn about charity events fundraising if that's something you might be interested in as a career
Develop office and data entry skills that will look great on your CV
Volunteer in a friendly office environment
The satisfaction in knowing you're making a real difference to the lives of seriously ill children and young people
Volunteer around your other commitments
Where will I be based?
You'll be volunteering at the The Hub which is based in Central Reading.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact the
Volunteering Team on 0118 304 2777.
To apply, please go to https://make-a-wish.org.uk/support-us/volunteer/opportunities/challenge-events-office-volunteer
Charity Reg Nos. 295672/SC037479